post by Stephanie Nelson
When talking to potential clients, I hear a lot of folks saying that they’ve never been able to track a lead or a sale back to their social media efforts. When I take a look at their social media outlets, it’s clear why they’ve gotten no sales or leads: they didn’t set up their social media for lead generation.
So how do you set yourself up to get more – or track more – leads via social media?
- Choose your Facebook page’s button carefully, and make sure the button does what it says it does. If your button says “Contact Us’ but doesn’t take the visitor to a way to contact you, you’re going to lose them. Potential sale or lead down the drain.
- Optimize your bios and about sections appropriately. These elements are indexable by the search engines, so make sure they’re keyword rich. But also make sure they’re written for your audience – you don’t want a serious tone if your product or service is fun in nature.
- Speak your audience’s language in your posts, too. Any sort of disconnect increases the chance that those viewing your content will not contact you.
- Share things that speak to your audience’s interests/why they’re interested in your business. (1) This garners engagement which helps more of your content show organically. (2) This makes it more likely they’ll take action offline with you.
- Make sure all of your landing pages have a clear call-to-action. What do you want the user to do next? Call you? Set an appointment? Place an order online? Make that abundantly clear.
Need some help getting your social media right? Give us a shout using the button below.Image by Darwin Laganzon from Pixabay