post by Stephanie Nelson
As most of you know online reviews and endorsements for businesses and individuals are growing an important piece of a brand. As more people search online for what they need – from restaurants for dinner to new employees – you need to stand out from the crowd.
So how do you do that? How do you get reviews online?
- Put up signage in your location reminding customers to review you online. Remember, though, you’re not allowed to reward folks for a review.
- Businesses’ employees can put links to their company LinkedIn page, Google My Business page and other online profiles in their e-mail signatures; individuals can do the same with their LinkedIn profiles.
- Put these same links on your website’s testimonials page.
- Keep feedback requests short. Be straightforward and to the point when asking for a review or endorsement. The more people have to listen or read, the better the chance that they’ll tune you out and not hear your request.
- Strike while the iron’s hot. Got a happy client, boss or co-worker? Ask them for a review or endorsement while he or she still remembers the good job you did!
So you tell us… what’s worked for you in getting reviews or endorsements?