post by Stephanie Nelson
While SBN Marketing’s services don’t focus specifically on garnering online reviews, our social profile management service includes responding to reviews on Yelp, Facebook, and Google. So the question of how to get new good reviews is one we’re asked by clients on a regular basis. Here are a few of the tips we share.
- Keep your reviews legit.
- Do not review your own business. Do not have your employees review your business.
- Do not offer an incentive (payment, free service, etc) to a client or prospective client in exchange for a good review.
- Do not pay for a “service” that offers to get you good reviews.
- Put links to your company LinkedIn page, Google My Business page, Yelp page and other online profiles in your e-mail signature.
- Include links to social profiles, LinkedIn pages, etc. on your website’s testimonials page.
- Use social media post to ask for reviews on outlets where asks are allowed. The message goes to people who are admitted fans AND hits ‘em where they are. There’s no reason NOT to give you a recommendation! (FYI – Check the review guidelines. Some outlets [*cough* Yelp *cough*] do not allow even asking for reviews.)
- Strike while the iron’s hot. Have you done something that impressed a client, boss or co-worker? Ask them for a review or recommendation while he or she still remembers your impressive deed!
Need help managing your social profiles like Yelp, Google My Business, and such! Use the button below to give us a shout and let’s get you on pace!Image by mcmurryjulie from Pixabay