post by Stephanie Boyette Nelson
While SBN Marketing’s services don’t focus specifically online reviews, the topic is related enough that a blog post on the subject didn’t seem too outrageous.
As many people now know, online reviews for businesses and recommendations for individuals are growing more and more important. As the number of people searching online for what they need – from a hairdresser to local restaurants to new employees – you need to stand out from the crowd.
How do you do that? The answer is online reviews and recommendations. So how do you get them?
- Ask friends and relatives for a review or recommendation. These are the people who know you best. Get them to speak highly of you.
- Companies’ employees can put links to their company LinkedIn page, Google Places page and other online profiles in their e-mail signatures; individuals can do the same with their LinkedIn profiles.
- Put links to social profiles, LinkedIn pages, etc. on your website’s testimonials page.
- For businesses, use a Facebook status update on your business page to ask for Facebook Recommendations. The message goes to people who are admitted fans AND hits ‘em where they are. There’s no reason NOT to give you a recommendation!
- Keep your requests short. Get straight to the point when asking for a review or recommendation. You don’t want people tuning out your request because you’ve rambled on.
- Strike while the iron’s hot. Have you done something that impressed a client, boss or co-worker? Ask them for a review or recommendation while he or she still remembers your impressive deed!
Now you tell us… what have you done to get online reviews and recommendations?