Studies show that most marketing professionals understand that SEO is important in finding online success, no matter the business or industry. The hurdle for most comes when trying to convince the powers that be to put marketing dollars into getting it done right. So here are a few research-based points to make to convince the boss that SEO is needed.
- The top 5 search results on the SERPs (search engine results pages) get 75% of user clicks.
- 70% of the links clicked on by searchers are organic (fed by SEO), not paid ads.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Long-tail keyword searches have a click-through rate 3% to 5% higher than generic searches.
- 39% of all global e-commerce traffic comes from search – 35% organic, 4% paid.
- Page titles are the most important on-page element after content, so making sure they’re properly optimized is essential.
- Persuasive meta descriptions under 155 characters increase click through rates even though it does not influence your rank in the search results.
- 51% of all website traffic comes from organic search, 10% from paid search, 5% from social, and 34% from all other sources.
- SEO is 10x more effective than social media. It is responsible for 51% of website traffic, and generates 40% of revenue.
- Paid search gets as low as 6% of the clicks for a keyword.
When you’ve got the boss on board, SBN Marketing would love to see if we’re the right fit for your SEO needs! Use the button below to shoot us a note, and let’s get the ball rolling!Image by Lalmch from Pixabay